Monday, January 3, 2011

dating my little brother, an option?


Hey so this is what I've got to say:
So it seems like life is throwing me alot of awkward situations lately, and it's getting kind of annoying. 

In the past month I've been asked out three times; which is nice and usually a major self esteem booster, but not really.  Anyways here's one out of three:


So my little brother asked me out.


I guess it's kind of my fault, but I didn't know that this was going to happen.
He just showed up at my work like he usually does, but this time instead of discussing how much we hate bums he was said "Hey you want to go out with me sometime? Get drinks or something?"   


*silence*


Awwwwkward.


Right?


That's what I said.


"Oh no! This is super awkward, umm... that's really sweet, yeah I like you, you're really nice, but, umm... you're my little brother, so it kind of makes me feel weird, sorry if I gave you the wrong impression and yeah..."


Then I scurried to the back and hid until he left.


This is kind of my fault though, it started a couple of weeks ago, and maybe if I hadn't said anything to him this never would have happened, but I was so happy to see him that of course I said "Hey!"


It was a busy hectic Saturday afternoon and I was on bar making drinks.  I was in a zone. Ignoring everything and robotically making whatever was thrown my way.


ice grande skinny carmel latte!
 BAM
 tall non fat extra hot latte!
 BAM
 venti vani--- "Hey!"  


And there's Ali eyeing some merchandise, and I'm so happy to see him.  You see, my family never goes into my work, ever.  My mom has been into a Starbucks twice I think, and Ali (my little brother) is not interested in coffee, and thinks the Starbucks scene is too fake anyways.  So it's weird that he's here.  He nods at me, and then he grabs the drink I placed on the counter, and starts to leave, but I shout "Hey come back!" 


I've got so many questions running through my mind, like: When did he start drinking frappaccinos? And my, my, my, isn't he looking quite posh, (he's decked out in Hollister and Abercrombie), what's up?  


He comes back with a very confused look on his face (but I don't notice) and I just start talking "Hey Ali what's up, you're looking quite nice, why are you he-"  


"My name's not Ali," he says flatly.


I start to laugh, take a second, stop making drinks, and look very closely at him. 


Yep, it's not Ali.


But the only outstandingly clear feature that this is not my little brother is his teeth, this kid is slightly snaggletoothed, and Al certainly doesn't have the best teeth, but they're better than this kid's. 


Now normally I would be incredibly embarrassed by the situation, but I'm not.
He reminds me so much of Ali that I immediately feel comfortable with him. 


So I keep talking


"Oh man, hey my little brother looks just like you, like wow.  Anyways so today I parked. I saw a mangled Aux cable outside, and thought "I pity that fool" 'caus they're like 20 bucks, and I got mine free, I'd never want to actually pay for one, but then I looked over and realized "oh crap that one's mine," it had been dragging outside of my door the entire way over here so now I have to buy a new one. Fail. Its been a bad day, how about you buddy?"


And so, he came in whenever he worked (he works at Abercrombie) and I found out he's Mexican too (but his name's Enrique), and he called me Maddy 'cause he heard Ali call me that (I dragged Ali into Abercrombie, and yep, he agrees, they do look similar) and I called him Little Brother #2, and he trusted my opinion so he always bought whatever I recommended, and it was great, it was really great...


but then he messed it all up, and asked me out on a real date, and now, well, it's awkward....

No comments:

Post a Comment